The History of Kinnakeet through Documentation
The Building of Port Avon
Written correspondence by Member of Congress~Herbert C. Bonner,
Senator Clyde R. Hoey,Attorney General~Harry McMullan,and James W. Scarborough
From the private collection of Dawn F. Taylor
- 13 March 19: No steps taken for appropriations of funds for the channel at Avon. Cape Hatteras Electric Membership
- soon to be up and running. Harry McMullan to Herbert C. Bonner. CC to James W. Scarborough.
- 18 March 1946: Delay of Harbor due to war. Harry McMullan to Herbert C. Bonner. CC to James W. Scarborough
- 19 March 1946: Herbert C. Bonner updates James W. Scarborough, on Avon Project.
- 19 March 1946: Avon Project in present Appropriation Bill. Herbert C. Bonner to Harry McMullan. CC James W. Scarborough
- 21 March 1946: Herbert C. Bonner discusses project with Senator Hoey. CC to Honorable Clyde R. Hoey & James W. Scarborough
- 21 March 1946: Proposed amendment to Appropriation Bill. Harry McMullan to Senator Hoey. CC Bonner & Scarborough
- 22 March 1946: Governor makes trip to the banks. Message to Gibb Gray, Luther, and Gene, in letter from Harry McMullan to James W. Scarborough.